2.22.2013

Celebrity Family Friendly Home


Happy Friday! Are you ready for the weekend? I don’t have any big plans. I have a few new projects that I started working on that I am super excited about, so besides having some family fun, I might be doing some design research which is fun for me, ofcourse if my little guy naps! I will share more about that next week.

Anyways, I have been catching up on my design reading materials lately, seems like I never get a chance to read my “happy” mail as soon as it arrives.  I loved reading about Sir Elton John and his partner, David Furnish’s family friendly Beverly Hills home that was featured in the March issue of Architectural Digest. It was designed by Martyn Lawrence Bullard, love him!
The couple’s goal when purchasing their new home was to create a comfortable West Coast base for themselves as well as their two young boys, a two year old and a newborn!

They are both big art lovers so it was only expected that this home would be centered around art. The home is full of color, very fun yet calming. 



I am in love with that hot pink cocktail table! It is by Lawson-Fenning, who has amazing furniture by the way!




Wow, did you notice those wall shelves? How could you not right? They are stunning! I there is an awesome book collection too. You can barely tell in this photo but the sofa has integrated white shelves along the back. Genius!





The master bedroom’s ceiling is covered in silver Mylar. Doesn’t it make the room appear larger than it already is? I love the simple bedding with the extra cozy looking blanket. 





Can you spot the chevron pillows and chair? I sure can! This backyard with pool is beautiful!


One of the Artists that Sir Elton John and Furnish collect pieces of, is Keith Haring. His work caught my eye and when I checked out his work online, I was inspired! Here are a few of my favorites….
















Do you like to decorate your home with bright colors? Does the art in your home have any special meaning?

Have a fun weekend!!




No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...