2.12.2013

Valentines Day mantel

Happy Tuesday! Are you ready for Valentines Day? I'm just getting used to it being February. Time sure does fly. I'm hoping for some more cold weather so I can snuggle up with my valentine. Anyway, today I want to share some of my Valentines Day decor with you, my mantel to be specific. I made a cute little "love" wreath and put together a quick tutorial for all of you too! Take a look.















To make this wreath, you will need the following items:


12" Round Styrofoam 
Red yarn
White yarn
1" wide white ribbon
White flower with rhinestone
Love or any Valentine saying on card stock
Glue gun
                                                  


First, tie one end of the roll of yarn around the styrofoam. Tie a knot and then continue wrapping the yarn around and around the styrofoam. 



This part will take a little while to finish. Continue to wrap the yarn around the styrofoam. Yes, you will have to put the big roll of yarn through the middle of the circle each time. I put on the TV and watched some bad reality shows!



When the wrapping is done, tie a knot the same way as at the beginning. Now its time for the fun part...decorating! You can get a white fuzzy yarn and wrap it very sparingly around the styrofoam. Then get your ribbon and loop it through at the top. I tried to cover the knot at the end. 

Lastly, add a pretty flower and love sentiment! And you have yourself a Valentines Day wreath!

Do you like to decorate your mantel or another area for Valentines Day? 


No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...